|Original version can be found here|
The Echo and the call are same,
if you sound's secret knew
They both were one, but two became
only when 'hearing' came.
We'll go word by word:
- Call: I think this word has been used for the "messenger/teacher" here. Like the one who tells or delivers you certain message/thought. I think we can take it as "source of the message" as well
- Echo: Scientifically, it is the repetition of a sound resulting from reflection of the sound waves. In this context, "message taker/interpreter" is being represented by this word.
- Sound: The medium through which the message/thought is coming.
- Sound's secret: The secret way to use this medium. It is a secret as we don't know it yet, but he knows it.(Bhitai has used the word "you" instead of "we" in the second line. So i am asuming that he knew this secret)
- Hearing: Scientifically, it is one of the Human's senses to understand any message. Here this word can be taken as the "resistance" to understand the message/thought.
As far as I've undersood, Bhitai is saying that whoever is giving a message to you, in any form, in any reflection, every echo is equal to the call. So when we look at world in this manner, everywhere is source and every thing is covered in light.
But due to our desire to be "different" from others, and to walk with our heads up, we start to see impurities in this World, in every scene, in every thought, in every color...
So we'll have to hear the message as Bhitai has heard. But we can only "repair" or "improve" our hearing after we know the sound's secret.